HEAD, NECK & SHOULDER MassageSherry Galloway
HEAD, NECK & SHOULDER Massage with Sherry Galloway
Discover a unique combination of Swedish and sports massage in the head, neck and shoulder area and how to sequence and integrate it into a full body massage. Many of you wrote to tell us how much you learned from Sherry’s instructional segments in the Esalen Massage video. Now you can have your own one-on-one tutorial session with Sherry on this new massage DVD.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
This video presents a unique combination of Swedish and sports massage in the head, neck and shoulder area and how to sequence and integrate it into a full body massage.
Combining anatomy, joint movement and technical massage, Sherry teaches you both basic and advanced techniques including how to:
• fully approach the anterior and posterior aspects of the shoulder
• assess and maintain shoulder function
• increase neck motility and flexibility
• use long, Swedish strokes combined with therapeutic detail work to keep the body injury-free
• identify and get rid of trigger points in the muscles to alleviate headaches
• use your body weight to enhance thumb work
• apply pressure point squeezing to relieve tension
• monitor your client’s comfort level throughout the massage
• gently integrate rocking and stretching into the massage
Sherry Sanders Galloway is a nationally certified massage therapist, a certified member of the AMTA and a registered nurse (R.N.) A long-time member of the acclaimed Esalen® massage crew at the Esalen Institute in Big Sur, CA, Sherry has taught Esalen style massage for the California AMTA chapter and she has extensive experience teaching sports massage. A R.N. for more than 20 years, she has worked closely with people suffering from medical, physical and psychological trauma and has taught nurses and paramedics, as well as bodywork professionals. Her educational background includes course work and training at Los Angeles Harbor College, UCLA, California State University at Domingues Hills and the Esalen Institute.
"I'm fortunate to possess two distinctly different qualities that combine to create a unique experience for the client: First, my medical background, the years I spent working as a nurse, gave me grounding and strength in the technical aspects of the profession. Second, I am by nature a motherly, nurturing kind of person, a caretaker with a heartful and empathetic sensitivity. The fact that I'm able to integrate these characteristics and produce a truly healing session for the client is what distinguishes my work as a massage therapist." - Sherry Sanders Galloway