THAI MASSAGE: for Mat & TableChuck Duff
Thai Massage: for Mat & Table
This introductory massage program offers a 60-minute Thai Massage sequence for both the mat and table. Chapters include classroom instruction, an intro to Clinical Thai Bodywork (CTB) herbal compresses and an overview of Thai Massage. No prior knowledge or experience is assumed.
What You’ll Learn
- Comprehensive 100-minute Thai massage video program.
- Shows in detail a Thai massage sequence applying the same sequence on both mat and table with appropriate body mechanics.
- Chuck's teaching style emphasizes proper alignment, positioning, body mechanics, and working with core energy rather than muscle strength. Explanation and demonstration of how these unique, ancient techniques benefit both the giver and the receiver if properly performed.
- Learn how to integrate Thai massage techniques into your practice to avoid the pitfalls Western style therapists often experience due to an over-reliance on strength. Thai massage can save your hands and give new life to your career, particularly as Chuck teaches it.
- Chapters arranged for easy reference and review.
- Thai massage on the mat. Chuck first teaches the viewer how to perform a highly effective 1-hour Thai massage sequence on the mat, beginning from first principles.
- -Thai massage on the table. Once the concepts of fluid, effortless movement are established on the mat, he covers the specific adaptations that are necessary on the table, and shows the complete flow as it looks on the table.
FREE At Peace Music CD with your purchase! Write in the title of any Michael Benghiat CD in the Comments box on your Shopping Cart web page. Or, write in "staff pick" and we'll select a CD for you.
Since 2001, Chuck Duff has trained hundreds of basic and advanced practitioners in Thai Bodywork and Massage. Integrating his extensive background in Buddhist studies, martial arts, yoga, and western clinical approaches, Chuck's Thai Massage DVD series offers massage and bodywork professionals a unique understanding of body mechanics, of movement without effort, and the use of core energy in healing. Chuck is also a Tools for Touch™ Webinar presenter, including the Nov. 5, 2012 webinar.
Chuck is a certified Thai massage instructor and founder of the Thai Bodywork School of Thai Massage, an NCBTMB approved provider of continuing education. Chuck produced his Thai Massage DVD series based on his work developing and teaching Clinical Thai Bodywork, (CTB) a modality he created that blends the techniques of Thai yoga massage with the insights of Myofascial Trigger Point, acupoint work and a structural analysis of body function. This therapeutic modality (CTB) is highly effective in reducing or eliminating patterns of pain and restruction, often in cases that have failed conventional medical treatment.
Chuck's teaching emphasizes body mechanics, using core energy and sensitivity to the body's language, and places each technique in context as to its relationship to Sen lines, effects on specific muscles and pain conditions. Chuck became a Certified Thai Therapist and Certified Thai Instructor (CTI) at the Luma Center with Dr. Anthony James, who was among the first individuals to practice and teach Thai massage in the US. He is certified as a Luk Pra Kob (Thai herbal compress) therapist by the Thai Ministry of Health in Bangkok. He pursued advanced studies in Thai massage and herbal compress application with Khruu Lek Chaiya in Chiang Mai, Thailand and Aachan Tawee of Wat Wiangkolok, Chiang Rai province, Thailand. Chuck joined the faculty of Pacific College of Oriental Medicine in 2003, where he teaches Thai massage within the Oriental Body Therapies program. He also teaches on-site workshops for spas and private groups throughout the country.