Tools for Touch™ CE Webinar May 21, 2013May 21, 2013
Schedule ( all times Eastern)
10:00 am Susan Salvo - Throw away the SOAP!
Use PPALM instead. PPALM is the best form of documentation available. It is simple and appropriate for any practice setting, from spas to medical clinics, to private practice - even at sports events. Join massage expert Susan Salvo as she discusses how to use PPALM to screen clients for contraindications and formulate treatment plans.
11:30 am Heath & Nicole Reed - Table Thai Yoga Massage: Dynamic Stretching & Loving Kindness
Join us as we practice Yoga stretching with our massage tables, and perform ancient Thai healing techniques that "feel good to give, and feel good to receive". Infuse your practice with loving kindness-or what the Thais call "Metta"-as you experience safe and profound ways to gracefully move yourself and your clients around the table.
2:45 pm Bob & Melanie Sachs - Reflexology: Ancient and Modern Theory and Practice
Bob and Melanie will explain the theory of Reflexology and demonstrate technique in this 90 minute presentation. There will be a strong emphasis on the comfort of both therapist and client.
4:15 pm Andrea Lipomi - Ethics Schmethics? The Connection between Massage Ethics & Hospitality
5:45 pm Carrie Rowell - Introduction to Hawaiian Lomi Lomi
You will be introduced to some of the different styles of Hawaiian Massage. We start with a full body sequence called clearing the path, a powerful tool for creating space and removing blockage that can be done anywhere, followed by some of the unique long flowing strokes that weave together sections of the body.
NEW - Large video panel live AND in recordings
NEW - Watch on your iPad, iPhone or Android
- Online Massage CE education anywhere, anytime
- Earn 9 CE hours with NCBTMB Approved Providers
- Watch LIVE hands-on demos
- Can't watch live webinar broadcast? View presentations ON DEMAND for 90 days
- Interactive Q&A and Chat / Automated quizzes & CE certificates
- $99 includes live event, all recordings, quizzes and CE certificates - no upcharges
Tools for Touch Webinar Advantages
- Learn from home - Premium online massage education that you access from the comfort of your home or office
- Learn online - Grow your business and stay energized as a practicing massage therapist or bodywork professional
- Learn at your own pace -Tools for Touch™ webinars are fabulous for all kinds of learning styles. They’re live, right in the moment, and you can focus on watching rather than scrambling to take notes the entire time, because we record them for you.
- Learn from diversity - We include instructors from a wide variety of backgrounds; you’ll find not only information you’ve been wanting to learn forever from instructors you trust, but new ideas and people who were completely off your radar before. It’s a great opportunity to expand your vision, try something outside your comfort zone, and develop skills in an aspect of the wellness industry that might never have occurred to you.
- Learn from the best - We've done the legwork for you, hand-picking from among the best presenters around. You can look forward to learning from professionals who not only know their stuff, they know how to communicate it so that you can know it too.
All Presenters are NCBTMB Approved Providers
• Earn 9 CE Hours from the convenience of home or office
• Automated quizzes and certificates - anytime, anyplace
• Receive scores immediately
• Successful quiz-takers receive CE certificate immediately online via emailed PDF
• Regulations vary from state to state. Attendees should contact their state boards of massage to verify that online presentations will qualify for CE hours in his or her respective state.
Tools for Touch, a division of At Peace Media is NYS Approved for Continuing Education.
Andrea LipomiContinuing Education Provider, ConfidentMassage.com, Founder, The Young Thumbs
A licensed and nationally certified massage therapist since 2006, Andrea Lipomi has been pampering tourists and the Who’s Who of Las Vegas for the past several years. She can be found performing five-star massage treatments in a gorgeous resort spa most days of the week, and spending quality time with her husband – also a licensed massage therapist – when she’s not up to her elbows in oil. Andrea enjoys hiking, potlucks, dark chocolate, and all things Depeche Mode. She is also a licensed esthetician, a founding member of The Young Thumbs massage blog, a CE Las Vegas partner, and an NCBTMB-approved continuing education provider at ConfidentMassage.com.
Carrie RowellHawaiian Lomi Lomi Massage Instructor
Carrie Rowell is a licensed massage therapist and internationally certified instructor who has been doing intuitive bodywork since the age of five. She has spent the last 15 years studying various aspects of the Hawaiian healing arts with several master practitioners on the island of Hawai'i. Since 1998 she has traveled all over the world teaching massage, sacred dance and women’s empowerment workshops. She is the author of two dvds and a workbook on lomi lomi and will release dvds on Hawaiian Hot stone and Lomi Hapai (pregnancy massage) in 2013.
Her workshops are approved for continuing education for massage therapists with the NCBTMB in the USA, the CThA in the UK and the Australian AAMT. Her classes are hands-on, very fun and packed with techniques. When she is not traveling to teach she lives in Pahoa, Hawaii where she offers immersion retreats.
Click here to read a Tools for Touch™ Blog post, "You don't have to be a ballerina to learn this dance".
Melanie and Robert SachsOwners, Directors of Diamond Way Ayurveda
A certified Ayurvedic Lifestyle Counselor, Melanie Sachs is recognized internationally as a leading authority on Ayurveda. Her skills as both teacher and therapist have made her sought after by some of the world's leading spas and their massage therapists. Her book, Ayurvedic Beauty Care (Lotus Light Publications), is considered a must for those interested in the expanding field of natural and conscious body care.
Her articles have been featured in magazines, including: Skin, Inc., Les Nouvelles Esthetiques, and Natural Health. Melanie has been a featured presenter at the International Esthetics and Cosmetics Conference, The International Congress of Esthetics,and the Face and Body Show. She has been a teacher and consultant at The Chopra Center, the Greenhouse Group, and The International Dermal Institute worldwide.
Robert Sachs has a background and training that is as conventional as it is 'alternative,' Robert's education in oriental philosophies and healing arts began when he moved to England during his teenage years. It was there that he began his studies with Tibetan Buddhist masters, and was introduced to the Asian healing arts including macrobiotics, shiatsu and hatha yoga. With a desire to further his studies both in bodywork and mental health, Robert went on to receive a massage license. Bob now works with physicians, clinics, hospitals, and private individuals, teaching them how to integrate contemporary scientific approaches with ancient wisdom traditions in the areas of stress management and preventive health care. He is a frequent guest instructor for the Chopra Center for Well Being in San Diego and lecturer in Tibetan Medicine for the Sino-American Rehabilitation Association College in Los Angeles.
Susan SalvoFounder, Louisiana Institute of Massage Therapy and Bodyworks Massage Therapy
Susan G. Salvo owns and operates Bodyworks Massage Therapy by Susan Salvo and Associates, which she founded in Lake Charles, Louisiana in 1983. Ms Salvo is also founder of the Louisiana Institute of Massage Therapy in Lake Charles.
Susan is a practicing massage therapist with over 30 years of experience. She loves to research information and write about it. She has written two best-selling textbooks — Massage Therapy: Principles and Practice and Mosby’s Guide to Pathology for Massage Therapists. She has also contributed works to other publications including Teaching Massage, Modalities for Massage and Bodywork, and Muscle and Bone Palpation Manual.
Susan loves teaching. She teaches regularly at LA Institute of Massage Therapy and travels the country conducting workshops for practicing therapists. Her primary teaching goals are to help therapists increase their quality of client care and expand their therapeutic treatment options. Students gave her the nickname “Yoda of Massage” because of her broad knowledge and teaching expertise. But it's more than that…She strives to create an educational environment of discovery and engagement.
Susan loves learning and frequently finds herself in classrooms as a student. She has a bachelors in education, a masters in educational leadership, and plans to start a doctorate this fall. She loves collaborating with other therapists. Being on the task force for the Massage Therapy Body of Knowledge was one of her peak experiences. Achieving Board Certification was another. Susan Salvo was a featured massage historian with David Lauterstein and Benny Vaughn in the documentary, History of Massage Therapy in the United States. As Susan puts it, “That was a blast!” Ms. Salvo served on the advisory board for the American Pregnancy Massage Association and is a current member of the Society for Oncology Massage and the Alliance for Massage Therapy Education.
Click here to read a Tools for Touch™ Blog post, "Build trust + communication with PPALM".